Tuesday, April 3, 2012

{Why We Blog} Week: Why Ashley Blogs

Why hello friends! I'm Ashley and I blog over at Indecisively Ashley. Yep, this would be me!

 

Please, please, please head on over to my little blog (after reading this post of course) and check it out. I'd be ecstatic if you took a gander! Feel free to grab my button too.

 
This is my very first guest post and I am super duper excited to be a guest on one of my very favorite blogs ever. Casey is my cousin and a HUGE inspiration for starting my own blog (which is still an itty bitty newbie) and I was honored when she asked me to participate.
Happy first Blogaversary to you Casey! 
Yay, how exciting is that?! Seems like it flew by so fast....one minute I'm reading your first post and the next it's already been a year and you have a slew of fabulous followers. Hats off to you my dear!

So, you all wanna know why I blog huh? I suppose that's the point and the reason I'm here guest posting today :) Unfortunately, being that I am pretty new to the Blogosphere, I haven't quite figured out why I love blogging exactly. I mean, obviously it's a ton of fun and there is so much you can do with a blog - participate in link-ups and giveaways, share tips on absolutely anything you feel you should (emphasis on the word should because trust me there are plenty of things I should never give tips or advice about), ramble about everyday life, and a whole schmorgesborg of fun things! But, I haven't had a chance to participate in all of these things yet so I am still working through what I enjoy the most.

What I can do is share with you what I think my blog will accomplish for me and what I hope to get out of it. Deal? Deal.

1. Create Ashley time. I'm a mom to two kids. And I'm a wife. And I work full-time for a busy marketing and communications company. My days start at 5am and doesn't end until the kiddos are sleeping, which is usually 8-9pm. This is my life every single day. Ashley time.....what the heck is that? Never heard of it. I rarely have the opportunity to do anything that is just for me. We don't exactly make a ton of money and we have tons to save for, like a home of our own. I don't treat myself to manis and pedis, I have to force myself to not feel guilty when I want to buy a new outfit or pair of shoes, and I rarely even get my hair done. I LOVE shopping, but can't bring myself to spend much most of the time. Of course some of this is just my stress, worry and anxiety that gets the best of me all the time. That is a long story in and of itself. I digress. Sooo, my hope is that this blog will be something that is just for me. Something that I enjoy doing during the small amounts of free time I do get. Even if it's just 1-2 posts a week. Whatever works. It makes me happy and I enjoy it, so that is reason enough for me.

2.  Make friends. I am going to be completely honest and say, I have no friends. No joke. At least no close girlfriends in close proximity that I can visit, drink wine with, have a girl's night with, or even other moms close to my age to have playdates with. Sometimes, this really sucks! We all need girlfriends we can talk to about anything and everything. Good news is I'm moving soon and I will be super close to my sister who is my best friend and that will obviously fill some of the emptiness. My hubby just got out of the Navy so it hasn't been an easy feat to keep close friends. You move often and it's always temporary. Now that we are out of the military I can focus on my friend-making abilities. Because I must say that I am an awesome friend. I hope that my blog will allow me to meet and mingle with all kids of fabulous ladies :) Even though so many of us live far apart and may never meet in person (although I really, really hope we do), there is something about the blogging world that creates special bonds. It's like a virtual coffee date of sorts :) We can connect with other women that make us laugh, get emotional with, and share similar experiences, and even though we may not meet or talk everyday, we will be friends. Great friends.

3. Get Creative. I like writing. Am I am good at it? Not really. But I can pretend, right? My creative juices flow when it comes to taking photos, but not so much with writing. But the beauty of having a blog is that I can do both. In the same place. I do have a Photography blog, which you can see here. But that has taken a backseat to more important things in my life right now and to be honest, I just don't have time to do it all! I have all these ideas that run through my head that I hope to actually put to use on my blog. I hope to get more crafty and take on some renovation/refurbishing projects along the way too!

4. Write about whatever, whenever. Isn't this the real point of blogging? To be able to write about whatever is on your mind whenever you feel like it? Sometimes I have something burning in me that I really feel like I need to share. Sometimes I don't really feel like sharing out loud. Instead, I blog. One day it might be pouring my heart about something exciting or emotional that happened that week, another day it might just be a quote that spoke to me. Whatever the case may be, I can blog about it. And I can do this on my own time. I make the rules. I can dig that :)

So these, my friends, are the 4 main reasons I blog and what I hope to get out of blogging. Can't wait to see what all of you blog about!

Have a fabulous, blog-lovin' day!

XOXO, Ashley
 
 Why We Blog Week

1 comment:

Ashley V. said...

Thanks so much for having me Casey! This was so fun :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...