Sunday, April 17, 2011

Grateful Sundays

This week, I am grateful for San Diego.

Going down to visit for the weekend just helped to remind me how fabulous it is to have so many of our memories just an hour drive away.

I kept feeling waves of nostalgia as we spent our short weekend trip down in SD, and it felt nice.  We got to see some very good friends, finally get a double date with Twin Oh Yeah and Future Dr. Babies, and just generally remember what it was like when we lived down there.

San Diego was where Handsome Husband and I first lived together, and where we had our first apartment all to ourselves.  It was where we were living when he proposed, and where we planned the majority of our wedding from.

San Diego is where Handsome Husband played four seasons of college soccer, where he made friends who mean so much to him, and where he completed his Bachelor's degree.

San Diego is where I went to nursing school, met Nurse Sarcasm, and got to make friends with some amazing girls through a shared interest in rooting for people we cared about playing soccer.

I will always be an Orange County girl through and through, but San Diego will always have a very special place in my heart.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...