Monday, September 9, 2013

Blogtember: My Personality

Monday, September 9: Take this short personality test and respond to your results. (at the end, find the detailed profile of your personality account - click "click to view" under "You" and "self awareness and personal growth." You can even google your type and find more info on it!)

I am weird in that I totally love these little online quizzes, so I knew I would be linking up for Blogtember today!  I happily spent about 20 minutes clicking yes or no, and wasn't too surprised when this greeted me at the end:


After a little research, I found a great synopsis of the personality type HERE.

Ironically enough, ESFJs are considered "The Caregiver".  Maybe nursing wasn't such an out-there career path for me, afterall!

"ESFJs are people persons - they love people.  They are warmly interested in others.  They want to like people, and have a special skill at brigning out the best in others."  I hope that I am able to bring out the best in others.  As far as wanting to like other people?  I really do think that I've become much more interested in getting to know and truly liking new people as I get older.  And I'm glad, because mean girls are so high school.

"The ESFJ takes their responsibilities very seriously, and is very dependable.  They value security and stability, and have a strong sense of focus on the details of life."  For sure this is me.  I am organized, detail-oriented, and dependable to a fault.  I don't think I let people down very often (hopefully never!), and that is something I pride myself on!

"They are extremely good at reading others, and often change their own manner to be more pleasing to whoever they're with at the moment."  I have always said everyone has many versions of themselves that they put on in front of different groups of people, but overtime I've found that this isn't necessarily true.  That not everyone does that, but I certainly do.  By no means do I think I'm fake or insincere, but I don't drop the f-bombs around Grandma Beach Bum like I do around Best Friend Cute Apartment, and I don't talk types of diapers with Best Friend Swagger, like I might with Tutor Girl.

"They usually have well-formed ideas about the way things should be, and are not shy about expressing these opinions."  Yes, yes, yes.  I've been told my views on life, and how I personally think it should be lived are too...rigid?  And that could be true.  I have very strong views on how things should be, and I don't often censor those thoughts.

"ESFJs are typically quite conscious about gender roles and will be most comfortable playing a role that suits their gender in our society...female ESFJs will be very feminine.  ESFJs at their best are warm, sympathetic, helpful, cooperative, tactful, down-to-earth, practical, thorough, consistent, organized, enthusiastic, and energetic.  They enjoy tradition and security, and will seek stable lives that are rich in contact with friends and family."  I would only hope that someone would use all those lovely adjectives (or any of them!) to describe me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...