Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Adventures in Pinterest: Quinoa Chicken Chilli

A little birdie (read: Cute Apartment) requested recipes, and this blogger is trying to deliver!  I had pinned this one a long time ago, and couldn't wait to try it.  I was especially interested because I had never cooked with quinoa before trying out this recipe (Fun fact: I only recently learned quinoa is pronounced keen-wah and not ki-no-ah.  Thanks Sister Swimmer for helping a girl out.) and was interested in seeing if Handsome Husband would be a fan!

My Pinspiration:


My Version:


I'll send you over to Queen Bee for the recipe, as I only changed a few things.  I added slightly more corn (because I'm a big fan) and halved the chili powder and crushed red pepper additions per her suggestion, as I'm not a big fan of the spice.

I topped mine with lots of Mexican cheese and sour cream, on HH's I sprinkled extra chili powder and crushed red peppers, cause he does love spicy!  

We were both big fans, and this is a great protein-heavy winter meal!  It cooks in the crock pot (I used frozen chicken breasts and cooked mine on low for 6 hours and the chicken was perfect - my crock pot is faster than average, though), which I love.  We had tons of leftovers, and HH preferred to eat his leftovers with chips!

What is your favorite winter meal?

1 comment:

Kate said...

This looks delicious!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...