Monday, July 15, 2013

Blogging With a Purpose: If I Were to Win the Lottery

Joining one of my all-time favorite bloggers, Becky, for 52 Weeks of Blogging With a Purpose.  I adore Becky, and she has some wonderful purposeful blog ideas for the next year or so.  I'll be joining in often!
 
If I Were to Win the Lottery...
 
...I'd go out and buy my husband a very fancy car, and surprise him with it.  That would be how I'd tell my better half that I'd hit the lotto!
 
...I'd put my little condo on the market, ASAP, and buy a bigger home in my town, something more like this:
Available for just under $4 million - I'm frugal!

 
...along with that home purchase, I'd be heading out to Needles, California and buying the biggest river house I could find.  The ones right on the water, with private beaches.  I'd stock it with some jet skis, a brand new boat, and everything else a river rat could need.  And that would be how we'd tell my parents' about our big win - by showing them their new upgraded river house.
 
...I'd do the right thing and put a lot of money away.  Whether it be investments or savings accounts, a big chunk of money would be set aside for my children's colleges, weddings, and anything else we might be able to help them with.
 
...there would be lots of generous gifts flowing for our friends and families.  Contributions to college funds would accompany any gift for all the kiddos, as I've seen first hand how hard it can be to struggle with student loans as a young adult (I have to take every opportunity I can to thank my parents for allowing me to one of the very few who don't have the problem!).
 
...Disney World would be seeing our faces again, this time, in luxury.
 
The big question: Would I quit my job?  If I'm being honest, I would.  But here's the thing, I would do it so I could go back to school.  I have had a goal of going back to school for years, and lottery or not?  I would be attaining that goal!  The lottery would just make it so.  much.  easier.


1 comment:

Amber said...

I love that you'd buy him a car as the way to tell you him won :)

I loooove the idea of buying a river and stocking it with water equipment. I'd definitely come visit ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...