Post originally written November 9, 2012 - about three months into our Babymaking journey. Read about the decision to start trying HERE and my first negative test HERE.
So our first really half-assed, middle of month decision, month of trying had come and gone. I had my first negative test, but I stayed positive as I knew we hadn't really tried that first month. It was more of a spur of the moment thing.
Month two, here we come! And this time, I'm not joking around. I started charting - a crazy person thing in and of itself, something I literally had no clue about until I had been married over a year and started doing some research on the whole babymaking thing.
I was armed and ready for this little battle, and had no intention of taking this war past two months. I was going to win this damn thing and my prize would be a baby! Without getting into too many details (because mostly, I don't want to explain all the insane abbreviations - BBT, TTC, OPK, BD, blah blah blah), I backed myself with an army of fertility aids. I knew when I ovulated, and I knew when to expect my enemy (aka that bitch, Mother Nature).
So we did our thing (still can't get over how awkward this is to write about), and I waited. I was determined to wait until I missed my period before taking a test, but then again my willpower blows, so I tested slightly early. Another negative (can we just talk about how effing ridiculous it is that for your entire sexually active life until you're ready for kids, you are so relieved to see a negative pregnancy test and then all of the sudden it's the worst part of your
But then I waited. And waited. And wouldn't you know it, my friend still hadn't arrived. I shit you not, kids, this was the latest Mother Nature had arrived for the party in my entire life. So I kept taking tests, and getting negatives, and getting sad, and then still waiting.
And then, finally, five days later than I expected her, my nasty little friend arrived.
I was sad not to be one of those lucky ones who gets pregnant right away, how easy that would have been. But I'm not in any huge rush, and I have faith that when He is ready to tell Mother Nature to eff off - He will do so.