Friday, August 9, 2013

Book Club Friday: Call Me Tuesday

 
It's been so long since I've linked up for Book Club Friday!  I'm excited to be back, and to share this book with all of you!  It's been a while since I've gotten so into a book that I can hardly put it down, that was precisely what happened when I picked up Call Me Tuesday during our flight home from Seattle.
 
 
From Amazon:
 
At eight-years-old, Tuesday Storm's childhood is forever lost when tragedy sends her family spiraling out of control into irreparable dysfunction. Almost overnight, the loving environment she's come to know is replaced with unrelenting hostility and twisted punishments, as she's forced to confront the dark cruelty lurking behind the face of the mother she idolizes. Based on a true story, Call Me Tuesday recounts, with raw emotion, her physical and mental torment at the mercy of the monster in her mother's clothes--a monster she doesn't know how to stop loving.
 
This book is heartbreakingly sad.  It goes into detail about poor Tuesday's abuse, and I wouldn't recommend those of you drowning in hormones (ie Me) to rush out and buy it.  I'm not entirely sure how this got on my to-read list, but despite the in-flight tears, it was so worth the read.
 
Call Me Tuesday had me wishing I could jump right into the pages and save little Tuesday from her hellish life myself.  It is compelling, and a little confusing.  Confusing not because it is not clearly written, but because if you're like me, you truly can't comprehend a parent subjecting their child to the kind of abuse Tuesday is put through.
 
 
What's the best book you've read recently?

2 comments:

Julie said...

I am so behind on my book club posts too that I was excited that I got one up today. Now I may just have to sit here and prep future ones, ha!

Angela Tolsma said...

This one sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing will definitely have to check it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...