Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Girls Go to Seattle: Seattle Center

This post is going to be mostly photos because I took a ton throughout the day we spent at Seattle Center. 

We started the day off with brunch at Sky City 360, the rotating restaurant at the top of the Space Needle.  As a way to see great views, avoid the lines, and get a yummy brunch - I totally recommend Sky City 360. If I'm being honest, there were a few times I felt a little dizzy, and maybe even a little queasy, but only when my eyes fixated on a point in the restaurant that really accentuated the movement going on.





After brunch we entered Chihuly Garden and Glass, a museum Twin Unicorn had strongly recommended we stop by.  I was a little skeptical at first, but I am so glad we went.  It was truly one of my favorite things we did in Seattle, and everything was beautiful and breathtaking.










Our final muesum of the day was the Experience Music Project, an interactive place to see exhibits on famous artists, listen to fantastic music, and my personal favorite - check out some costumes of Women Who Rock!  While it was so fun to get away with just the girls, I couldn't help but think how fascinated Hat Dad would have been with this musuem, and hope he makes his way there sometime.



We hopped back on the monorail after visiting EMP, and stopped for some shopping in downtown before heading back to our hotel.  Nearing the end of our trip, I was more exhausted than normal, and I'd like to direct the cause of that to the small human I'm growing.  While it was frustrating to feel more tired and sore than usual, how could I truly complain?  I am so overjoyed to be having a baby, and can't wait for this little girl to join Gardening Mom, Sister Singer and Sister Swimmer and their future little ladies on girls trips for years to come.

My last recap from our trip to Seattle coming next week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...