Monday, June 25, 2012

When I Was 18

Being that we are off to Florida tomorrow on our big Disneyworld vacation in celebration of Sisters Singer and Swimmer's 18th birthdays and high school graduation, I thought I'd share a little bit about what my life was like at 18.
When I Was 18...

I spent my 18th birthday and many subsequent nights drinking dancing my ass off at an 18+ club in LA that we loved to frequent.  We liked to rent a hotel room for the night so we could stumble to the club and back, and not have to beg for someone to drive all the way to LA.


I spent a week in New York City (for the second year in a row) with an extracurricular I was heavily involved in all throughout high school, Model United Nations. 


I was dating a boy who I knew I would never end up with, but who was kind and mild-mannered, who probably never knew what was coming for him when a wildchild like me (at the time, I've really calmed down since 18) came waltzing into his life.  We are not friends now, but he was nothing but nice to me, even after I broke his heart, and I will always wish him well.


I went to prom.  In fact, I went to nine dances during my time in high school, including three proms!  I love dances in high school, and senior prom was no different!


Best Friend Fashionista joined my family for a graduation trip to Cancun, Mexico!  We had the time of our lives, especially loving the drinking age of 18!  We clubbed, spent time in the sun, and even went parasailing!

I was working at Ruby's Diner with people I loved hanging out with at work and outside of it.  The years I spent getting to know these people were unforgettable and we will always have a bond because of it.


While punching the time clock, I met this fabulous girl, who quickly became my close friend - Cute Apartment!  We clicked right away, though I was usually reluctant to new people at work.  A story that is sure to be told on the blog someday!


I went to my first college party, visiting Ms. Does It All at San Diego State - the party school.  Best Friend Fashionista and I would end up frequenting her school quite a few times, while also getting our party on at her alma mater in Irvine.


I visited my long-time friend, Ms. Art Teacher, in San Francisco.  She and I had talked about going off to college together in SF, and I chickend out, completely afraid to leave home.  While there were times over the years I regretted that choice, I know it ended up being best.  Everything happens for a reason, right?


Best Friend Fashionista and myself had a quintessential college experience when we headed to Santa Barbara for Halloween.  Never heard of an SB Halloween before?  You can read all about it HERE.

I loved these years of my life.
I especially cherish how many people from these years are still huge parts of my life - it's so fun to have common memories with people.

I'll be a little MIA for the rest of the week, due to the fact that I'm off to Disneyworld!  But don't worry, I've got some awesome ladies coming in to share some of what their lives were like at 18!

4 comments:

T&S said...

I hope you have fun in Florida! It is quite rainy down here because of TS Debby :(

Hopefully it clears up in that part of the state before then!

XO Lourdes

Julie said...

Have a blast at Disney! We went back in March for our honeymoon and it was amazing and I hadn't been since I was 8. I don't care how old you are, you will always have a special place in your heart for anything Disney. Can't wait to see where you are staying, etc :)

Kat said...

Hi! Following from Mingle Monday! Look forward to reading more! Would appreciate the follow back!
-Kat

http://mom-uncensored.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Look so beutiful and nice art

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...