Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Adventures in Pinterest: Hippie Juice

Have y'all seen this pin out there in Pinterest land?





Apparently, this magical concoction is called
Hippie Juice.

I don't totally know where the name from, because if I was naming it it would be more like: Magical Tasty Vodka Rum Punch Juice.  But maybe that's not why I'm in Marketing anymore.

This seemed like the perfect cocktail to make and bring to our good friend Twin Navy's going away party, because you guessed it our buddy is off to boot camp for the Navy!

One busy weekend last month we all got together to wish him well on his journey, and do a little incognito beach drinking in sunny San Diego, and this cocktail made the trek down from OC with Handome Hubster and I.


It was real easy to whip together, and a big hit with those at the going away fiesta.

For those of you who like real fruity drinks where you can't taste the booze?  This is for you!

The recipe:
4 scoops Countrytime Pink Lemonade Mix
Water
6 strawberries (I added more the original recipe) - cut in fourths
1 cup Smirnoff Watermelon Vodka
1/3 cup Triple Sec
1/3 cup Malibu Coconut Rum

Check the original source for directions, but basically you stir your ingredients together and you're ready to party.

The only thing I will change next time (and forgive me if this makes me sound like a lush) is up the alcohol content - it literally tastes like juice!

So the final consensus?
We were all fans,
especially me.


Follow Me on Pinterest

PS - Click that cute lil P up there ^^ to Follow Me on Pinterest!



5 comments:

Jenn [ Crippled Girl ] said...

Um, that looks AMAZING. I am clearly not following the right people on pinterest if I'm not seeing these fun adult beverages . . . this must be fixed! lol

Jami said...

I've pinned this but haven't tried it yet, I need to get on this STAT! Just reading through the recipe, I would up the alcohol content too. So you can call me a lush too :-)

Chell said...

UMMMMM You had me at Watermelon Vodka.... PLUS MALIBOU scooooooooooore! I must try this weekend.

lauren@warmandfuzzy said...

YUMMY! We are having my sons 5th birthday on saturday..but we always have an afterparty...this sounds PERFECT!! Thanks! and you had me at Malibu!

Jenny | Peace, Love, Guacamole said...

Hi there!
So glad you're enjoying my recipe! It was originally a last-minute mixture of everything left after a party I had the night before a crazy costumed event and got the name "Hippie Juice" because I brought it to share and everyone there really loved it. You can see the original post at http://peaceloveguacamole.com including the recipe for Hippie Juice Jello Shots :)
Cheers,
SJ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...