Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Shower

Last weekend, I was lucky enough to be showered with love and generous gifts from family and friends at a shower lovingly hosted by some of the wonderful ladies in Handsome Husband's family: Cousin Studdy Buddy, Grandma Beach Bum, and Aunt Fancy Chef.  I can't thank these ladies enough for their kindness and for taking time out of their busy schedules to do something special for me and our little girl.

The shower was held at Grandma Beach Bum's house, which is extra special because this little lady on the way will spend many a holiday at this home.  Grandma BB's house is the gathering hole, if you will, for this family, and it's rare when we're all together in another location.  I can't wait to see our New Years Baby grow into a little girl while celebrating big days at this house - searching for Easter eggs in the backyard, learning to play bocce ball with her Daddy, grubbing after the annual family golf tournament, and opening presents on Christmas afternoon.


I received the sweetest gifts, and lots of goodies for this little lady to use and wear!  Lots of darling clothes (because girls clothes are just too much fun!), some bath time necessities, lots of diapers (oh yeah!), and some especially thoughtful gifts like the custom print Best Friend Cute Apartment made, the monogramed bow holder from Tutor Girl, a handmade crocheted blanket from a dear longtime family friend, and the I Love NY onesie from none other than my NYC transplant friend, Fashionista.  I can't thank these ladies, and all the ladies who attended for their generosity, and for thinking of me and our baby girl.


I totally failed on taking enough photos, but I did manage to get a few with some family and friends before the day was over.

Left: Me and my Gardening Momma
Right, Top to Bottom: Fashionista and I; Cute Apartment and myself; and Sister Swimmer, me, and Sister Singer
 
Like the good husband and Daddy-to-be he is, HH showed up near the end of the shower to thank the hostesses and guests who remained, and obviously carrry all the gifts to our cars!

Two excited parents-to-be!

1 comment:

Meg O. said...

What a sweet shower! You look beautiful! Glad you had fun :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...