Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Hour

I am sipping on lemonade during Happy Hour today (but looking forward to sipping on cocktails at real-live Happy Hour later tonight!).

Lately, I have been having some down days at work - you know how it is, there are ups and downs with everything.  So, because I am really making an effort to be more positive lately (I may or may not be known to be a bit of a whiner), I'd like to talk about some of the things I love about my job at the Pediatrician's Office.

I love new babies.  They have that new baby smell (way better than new car), and are so so so small.  And until you make Mommy and Daddy undress them, they look so peaceful and adorable.  It's also so sweet to see both parents at the appointments, as it is not very common past the first few months.

I love the continuity, and watching the kids grow and change with each appointment.

I love getting pictures that the little ones have drawn for me, stickers that they want to share, when the ones just learning to talk say my name, and hugs from our miniature patients.

I love looking out the window and seeing an ocean view.

I love meeting parents who are so friendly, and interested in my life - there are really people out there who care about what you have to say and who you are even if you are in a service position for them.

I don't love giving shots, but to be honest I don't really mind it.  And I love knowing that a few seconds of pain and a couple tears is all it takes for me to help to protect children from some really awful diseases.

I love doing lab-work - it makes me feel like a little scientist girl!

So that's what I'm thinking about and loving during Happy Hour today.


Smart and Trendy Moms

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And I *love* this post! It's always important to think about the things that we love in our lives, especially when we can be so negative sometimes {I'm so guilty of this, it's ridiculous...}.

Thanks for linking up today! And I hope you have a beautiful weekend!

xoxoxo,
Joelle

Steph said...

I loved this post! And I needed it too! I had a rough week at work and it was a good reminder to me of why I do what I do. So thanks! :)

Krafty Max Originals said...

Hop'pin by from 'Give it to M Monday Blog Hop'. I'm following your blog now, wont you please come and follow me back?? ~KM

Krafty Max Originals

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...