Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Ticker

From wikipedia:

A news ticker (sometimes referred to as a "crawler") resides in the lower third of the television screen space on television news networks dedicated to presenting headlines or minor pieces of news.


There's always something going across there.  Always new information.  The ticker never stops to relax, or even to take a breath.

This is what Nurse Sarcasm nicknamed my brain while we were in Nursing School.  And?  She was pretty right on.

Here's the thing: I'm always thinking.  Always.  I don't totally get how some people find some things relaxing because for me it's just presents silence for thoughts to fill up.

Examples? 

Long Bubble Baths
Drives Alone
Massages

Now I'll take a massage every day if you're handing them out, but more because it feels nice, not because I find the silence comforting and relaxing.  The silence is just begging for the ticker to get going, pumping new info into my brain during every minute of that massage.

The ticker is a curse and a blessing.  I'm constantly coming up with new ideas, which can be great; but on the other hand, it's gotta be nice to just turn off sometimes (I seriously wouldn't know).  Coming up with all sorts of great ideas in itself can be a bit of a curse sometimes.  In fact, I think some of my Husband's most feared words out of my mouth (which I blurt out quite often) might be...

"Hey, so I was thinking..."

Although, HH and I did use to play this one game before we fell asleep where I would say every word that came into my head...that was fun.  Mostly because in a matter of 10 minutes, I would jump from about 20 topics.  That Ticker, I tell you, it's always moving.

{via}

4 comments:

T&S said...

I am the same way... the worst part is, that I make connections between the randomest things!

It's not a bad thing. It makes you interesting! :)

XO Lourdes

Anonymous said...

I laughed the entire time reading this. Only because I am the same exact way. Any time I tell Austin, "Hey I was thinking..." his response is, "Oh man. What now?" LoL. Love it Casey.

Unknown said...

haha, i feel the same way which is why i can't really handle massages since i'm not relaxing during them anyway just having 120 random thoughts going through my head!

Betty said...

I think some of that might just be being a girl! The hubs laughs whenever I say "SO, I've been thinking..." I can totally relate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...