Sunday, May 13, 2012

Grateful Sundays

It's been a while since I've done Grateful Sundays, I know - but I couldn't help but talk about what I'm grateful for this Sunday.

This Sunday, on Mother's Day, I am so very grateful for my mothers.

(Before you go thinkin' I've got some big story to tell about being raised by two lady friends, you're wrong - I'm talking about my Mama and my Mother-in-Law.)

Gardening Mom

My Gardening Mom is, without a doubt, the smartest person I know.  Like so smart that she almost sound silly sometimes, like her mouth can't even get all the smartness out without mixing it up a little cause there is so much in her big 'ol brain - you know?  She is also the hardest working woman I've ever met, and has the drive of a semi.  She does not stop until something is done.  Like literally, sometimes she doesn't sleep.  It's creepy.  And also, honorable.  She instilled in me more than just the want to succeed, but the need to.  She also laughs the hardest at my jokes, and for that, I will always be grateful.

Mother-in-Law Red

Mother-in-Law Red is very very caring.  She is sweet and free with her emotions.  If she feels like hugging you, she hugs you; if she wants you to know she loves you, she tells you.  It's a wonderful feeling to be told you're loved, and MIL Red does that everytime I speak to her.  She is fun and the life of the party, and I can tell her anything without being ashamed.  She doesn't judge which is a characteristic hard to find in people.  She opened her arms to me when a lot of mothers would have wondered what the hell their sons were doing moving in with someone after months of dating.  She has always been supportive of our relationship, and for that, I will always be grateful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...