Friday, May 18, 2012

The Hunt to Homeownership: Things Take a Turn, and We Wait

Last time I told you about our first big disappointment.  This time, I'll tell you how things took a turn in a different direction!

After we found out that our offer wasn't chosen by the sellers of that cute little picket-fence-surrounded condo, I was sad.  I had promised myself I wouldn't be, but I couldn't help it, I really loved that place, and so did my Handsome Hubs.

So, in short my mourning period, I was surprised to hear from my real estate agent that the original offer the sellers took had already fallen through, and they wanted to know if we were still interested.

Uh, yeah we're interested!
Paperwork ensued, and soon enough we were "under contract" with the owners of the home.
Unfortunately this essentially means next to nothing as we offered on a short sale.  Thus began the waiting.  The seemingly endless waiting.


And that's where we are.
Stuck waiting and waiting.

I won't tell you exactly where we are on the timeline until we get a final answer, but I'll tell you this much - we are eerily close to that last red arrow on the right, so cross your fingers and hope for a happy update soon!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Good luck! I haven't bought a house yet in my time but one day I may be in your shoes :)

LWLH said...

Good luck girl!

Kara said...

Crossing my fingers for you! :D

Diana said...

Good luck its sound like total suspense:)

tara said...

i hear short sales can be very frustrating! hoping for the best!

Carly Ann said...

Me and my fiance put an offer in on a short sale a few weeks ago. the sellers accepted, but now we're in for the long haul waiting for the bank to respond. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...