Saturday, August 27, 2011

What'd I Lie About?

Last week, I asked y'all which one of these three statements was a little white lie, and which two were facts!

1. I used to smoke a pack and a half of cigarettes a day.

2. I have moved 10 times in my life.

3. I have three tattoos.

A whopping three of you weighed in (seriously guys, where's the participation, yo?), and the smartie smart girl who got it right was...

Lauren from Life with Lauren!
(whose blog is like totally adorable, b-t-dubs)

Yes, that's right I am an ex-smoker and a tatted-up lady!

I have actually moved 8 times in my life - but the craziest part about that is that 6 of those 8 times have been within the last 3 1/2 years!  

I am so not proud of the smoking fact, but so glad to have quit.  I hung on to the nasty habit for a long time, and finally kicked the cigs to the curb in January of last year.  Funny story about how I came about to quitting, actually.  Handsome Husband has always hated that I smoked, and one late night we made a (what I thought was) joking little bet that if he could make a Facebook group and get 3,000 people to join, I would quit.

Well, HH is dedicated (and I was wrong about us joking around, apparently) and he made the group, and sure enough, got 3,000 people to join within a month.


People got surprisingly invested, and I there are still over 2,000 members that ask for updates on my smoking (or non-smoking I should say) status.  

As far as the tattoos go, I'm not quite ready to share them in the world wide blogosphere, but I do have three: 1 on my left shoulder blade, 1 on the front of my right hip bone, and one of on my left hip.  I have no concrete plans for any others, but you never can tell what time will bring...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

wow! I never would've pinned you as a smoker, but knowing a few nurses, I can see it.
and way to go HH for coming up with such a clever idea! congrats on not smoking anymore! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...