Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What's Your Love Story? {Link Up}

So I had to squeeze this post in here along with all our fun challenge posts to particpate in Becky's What's Your Love Story Link Up!  Becky is one of my fave bloggers, and my love story is one of my fave things to talk about, so you know I couldn't stay away!

Before I get started on Becky's questions, feel free to take a looksie at the parts of our love story I've already told:

We met in junior high, when we were 12-years-old.  (There's a pretty cute picture waiting for you in that post.)
Continued going to the same high school, where we were quasi-friends.
We went our separate ways, but on a random night in the Spring of 2008, he reappeared on my doorstep.
After inserting himself back into my life, he managed to become my best friend.
He left for Europe, and spilled his guts to me over the internet from miles away.
He went out on a big romantic limb with a pretty big gesture, involving some very sweet souvenirs from Europe.
We shared our first kiss knee-deep in the Colorado River after he returned home from his trip.
and there's another insatllament of this love story coming next week - stay tuned!

Now, for Becky's questions:

1. How long have you and your significant other been together? My sweet Handsome Husband and I have known each other for over 10 years, been dating for 3 and a half (yes I still count halfs!), and married for almost a year (our anniversary is Feb 26th eep!).

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?} Short story?  We met in junior high when we were 12 years old.  Long story? See above :)

3. If married, how long have you been married? We've been married for ALMOST a year - are we still considered newlyweds are our first anniversary?
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? We got married on a perfect February day at a golf course in Fullerton, California.  You can read more about our wedding, and see tons of photos HERE.

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? I call my HH a lot of things, spanning from the ever so endearing asshole sweetheart, to plays on his real name (which I haven't shared on this here blog), to things that have nothing to do with his name and don't make any sense (Like "Ninny" - no idea where this came from, but it sort of stuck when it fell out of my mouth one day).

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.

1. How wonderfully he takes care of me - he does my laundry, cleans up after me, gets me treats when I'm super craving them, he does it all!

2. He makes me laugh like no one I have ever known - life is so much more fun when you're laughing your way through it.

3. He is truly my best friend.  When something good happens, all I want to do is tell him about it; and when something bad happens, I need to talk to him to feel better.

7. Tell us how he proposed? Well, I don't want to go into too much detail here, since I haven't yet shared that part of our love story.  But spoiler alert?  He proposed at the very same place we met.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals? You know, I think he's a flowers, teddy bear, strawberries, champagne and rose petals kind of guy - all the time, too, not just V-day!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? Like my sweet guy, I think I'm both.  Although I hate the beach, so maybe a sunset dinner in the mountains followed by a movie on the couch.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? Cheesy but honestly, the thing I am most looking forward to doing with my HH?  Starting a family.  I want to see him as a Dad, and raise children together in our home, and live the life I've always dreamed of with the man I've known since I was a child myself.  Sure, a fancy vacation or a dream home would be nice, but if there was one thing I could do with him - a family would be it.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. So far?  No plans.  We are trying our hardest to save some money and start searching for our very first home to buy in the coming months, but who knows, maybe he'll surprise me with something.  hint hint.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day? No presents, but I'd like lots of kisses and compliments.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. To me, the most important part of a long lasting, full of love relationship is being truly commited.  No matter what happens to us in this life, we have commited to one another that this isn't ending.  We can work through anything together, and have made that promise to each other, and intend to keep it.

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.

This look, which was my Handsome Husband's first reaction to seeing me on our wedding day.
This look is love to me.

6 comments:

Holly said...

What a cute post! That's so sweet you met your husband when you were 12!

Just dropping by from #FF. :)
Holly
http://adventuresofholly.com

Mrs. Mama said...

hahaha... the ever so endearing asshole, oops sweetheart! omg i love you. sounds like MY kind of husband, of course we love them to pieces though :)

isn't it crazy how now that we are older... we skip little things like this and save money for "adult stuff"

love it.

truly committed, i agree 100%!

Roxy said...

C'mon, no presents? Let's keep it real. We ALWAYS want presents. ;P

Love how you chose a pic of your awaiting room for the last pic. Adorbs.

Roxy
This South Korean's Got Seoul.

tara said...

i just love that yall have known each other for so long! so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute story! And I love the advice you gave!

-Shannon
http://crazyb8utifullife.blogspot.com

College Dating said...

This post is very touching! I never knew love would be this powerful and happy. :') I was really inspired after reading this post. Stay in love both of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...