Monday, July 11, 2011

The One Where I Get Star-Struck…by a Real Housewife

I mentioned a few weeks ago that Gardening Mom invited me to a lovely fundraiser for Autism to benefit TACA: Talk About Curing Autism.  What I failed to mention was that while at this fundraiser, I became besties with had a 30-second conversation with one of The Real Housewives of Orange County.

First of all, you should know that I have a serious obsession with The Real Housewives.  I watch nearly all of the cities, but The Real Housewives of Orange County has a special place in my heart.  Not only was it the original Housewives that kicked off the eventual franchise, but it's based in my little corner of the world - Orange County!

But back to the night I met a celebrity a housewife who's actually since been kicked off the show.

Gardening Mom and I were maneuvering our way through the crowds (I hate crowds, so I was being a little stress case-y), and she was leading the way.  She had worn a gorgeous blue dress that was a bit long, and had put on a hot pair of flat sandals instead of pumps, so the length was seriously dragging.  I kept accidentally stepping on her impromptu train, and it was driving us both bananas!  After about the 413th time my heel made contact with her dress, she turned around and said "You keep stepping on my dress!" to which I replied "Maybe you should wear a dress that fits!" (I'm telling you, the crowds make me irritable).

You'll imagine my delight surprise when a squeaky voice next to me said "At least it's cute!" and I turned to see who it was, and was met with this Bravo-lebrity:

Lynne Curtin from the OC Housewives

It took me a second to figure out who she was, but I quickly realized it was none other than the housewife known best for her leather cuffs and outrageous daughters.  Once I realized I was in the presence of one of the OC Housewives, I was suddenly a complete stuttering idiot.  I stammered together a response - something award-winningly eloquent I'm sure.

She wandered next to me (I guess she was there alone?) for about 30 more seconds, smiling mindlessly, and I continued to be star-struck by a D-list celebrity.  I think I tried to make some small-talk, but to be honest, I was embarassingly and completely star-struck housewife-struck.  After she moved on to another unsuspecting fan, I tried to tell Gardening Mom who we had just been walking along side of, and she was less than overwhelmed.

I want to give Lynney some major credit, and share that she looks much better in person than she ever looked on the show, and she was very sweet and friendly, albeit coming off as slightly airheaded.  She is also like insanely tiny, and made me feel like a cow.

While I was at the benefit because I care about autism and it's terribly detrimental effects, I have to say meeting barely talking to one of the housewives that I've clocked some major hours watching from my couch was the highlight of the night.



Boob Tube Babble

5 comments:

Kate said...

I love this story! I wish Lynn was still on the show full time!

Anonymous said...

I actually kind of liked Lynn. Wish she was still on the show. Her daughters cracked me up... in an annoying way.

Meagan said...

That's amazing!!! I'm so glad you linked up!

Neely said...

Thats so fun!

Liz Taylor said...

this is awesome!!! i absolutely LOVE real housewives. lynn was so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...