Wednesday, July 27, 2011

True Life: I'm Addicted to Starbucks Cake Pops

UM, have you guys tried these?

They are Starbucks Cake Pops, in the Birthday Cake flavor.  

I am actually well-versed in cake pops, having made them once a few years ago, after seeing them on Bakerella - the original cake pop master herself.

When I first heard Starbucks was going to have them, I was rather un-inthused.  To be honest (I know this is practically sacrilegious for some of you major Starbucks fans), I've never been a huge fan of Starbucks food products, except for their pumpkin bread which I would eat every single day if I could.  

A few weeks after the pops made their big Starbucks debut, I happened to venture into one of my many local 'Bucks and had a bit of a sweet-tooth (who am I kidding - I always have a bit of a sweet tooth).  I noticed the cute little pink pops with the sweet sprinkles, and thought "hell, I'll give them a try".

Trying the cake pops was one of the best and worst decisions I've made in a while.  They are amazing, like one of my all-time favorite sweet treats, ever.  The pros and cons of these amazing little pops are as follows:

Pros:
They are tasty, and make me happy.
You can eat them while driving (trust me, I've done it).
They are pink, and therefore fabulous.
Sprinkles.

Cons: 
They are 150+ calories each.
They cost money.
I am now going to Starbucks multiple times a week, and don't even really care about the coffee.

Clearly this is a toughie with the pros and cons running such a close race, and I just can't quite kick this new little addiction of mine.  I'm hoping this is a phase, because at this rate, all I want for Christmas is Starbucks gift cards.

7 comments:

Rissy said...

I'm surprised they are 150 calories... seriously... as sweet as the cake pop I had once was, I figured like 350 lol

my friend bought a cake pop at bucks when we were there and acted like it was mehh....

I plan to go get one ASAP... darn it! ; )

Unknown said...

Those look amazing. I may need to make a trip to Starbucks soon.

Amy said...

Wow... mmm! I had a friend who was pro at making cake pops, so I tried it once, and it was a disaster! Those lil' fellas are HARD to make haha. :)

Kate said...

Why didn't I know about these little delights? While I'm in Seattle I'll have to go to the original Starbucks (just because if I'm gonna go, why not go big) and get some!

Krystina Marie said...

STORY OF MY LIFE! I have to make promises to myself as I walk into Target that I won't even check if the Starbucks has them that day... I'm a crazy bones, it's fine! Just started following you but you're a lady after my own heart so I can't wait to see more! :)

Anonymous said...

mmm..these look too good to eat!yum!

Allie said...

As a barista, I know about the unadulterated love of the cake pop. I think really any pastry on a stick is bound to be a hit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...