Monday, November 21, 2011

{Plenty to be THANKful For} I'm THANKful for my Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe!

Manic Mother
 
Today's Topic:
 
I'm THANKful for my Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe!
 

I have a totally easy, completely favorite Thanksgiving recipe that unfortunately (or fortunately for me, cause it's my fave) not everyone loves.  I think it just takes a certain taste to appreciate this masterpiece.

 Nanny's Fruit Salad
Also known as Ambrosia

This is not a photo of MY fruit salad - mine is cuter.

Ingredients:
1 large can pineapple chunks, drained
2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
1 half-jar of maraschino cherries, drained and halved
4 banannas, sliced
3/4 large bag of miniature mashmallows
Sour cream, to preferred consistency

It's all very simple, you put all fruit in a bowl, add your mashmallows, and add sour cream until you like the consistency.  I prefer mine pretty firm, as the leftovers get...mushier with time.  The key to this fruit salad is draining the fruit as best as possible - it will pay off in the end!

Also, another thing I love love love to eat on Thanksgiving (and I am not a huge fan, as I mentioned on Thursday) - Handsome Husband's Aunt Fancy Chef's Green Been Casserole!

Again, not her actual casserole.

I've tried my fair share of green been casseroles and hers is by far my favorite ever!  Last year we missed dinner and only came for dessert, and she even sent me off with my own container full of the good stuff!

What's your favorite Thanksgiving recipe?


Miscellany Monday @
lowercase lettersMingle 240

6 comments:

Leslie @ Body Won't Break said...

I am here from Mingle Monday. That fruit salad looks delicious!

Sar said...

ANY green bean casserole is ah-maze-ing and my favorite. My stomach is growling in anticipation of consuming some of this yummy goodness ASAP!

Just stopping by for Mingle Monday! Happy day!

-Sarah

Katie said...

Stopping by from Mingle Monday! I LOVE green bean casserole so, so much! Have a lovely Monday!

Caroline said...

I do love some ambrosia.

Courtney said...

ohhhh! I LOVE IT! :) must make this :)

Meghan said...

I love me some green bean casserole! My mama makes a mean one!

Thanks for linking up with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...