Friday, September 23, 2011

Boob Tube Babble: Exclusive Interviews Make Me Giddy

So it's been a little while since I've talked teev with y'all, but I'm back!



Boob Tube Babble


I mentioned months ago that I was seriously invested in the Casey Anthony trial while it was being televised (and if we are being honest here, for the three years my bestie Nancy G talked about it leading up to the trial).

As we all know, Casey Anthony ended up being found not guilty (note: she was not found innocent), and much of the nation was outraged, and felt justice was not served for the sweet little girl who lost her life one way or another three years ago, little Caylee Anthony.

While the trial wrapped up weeks ago, the lives of those involved, most notably Casey's parents and Caylee's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony, are still understandably unravelled. 

Since the day the trial wrapped, I have been psychotically anxiously awaiting the first interview (so likely to be *exclusive!*) from either George, Cindy, Casey or any combination of the three. 

Last week my dreams came true, when Dr. Phil premiered his Fall season with not one, not two, but three episodes full of exclusive interview footage with George and Cindy.


While I appreciate their candidness in a time that must continue to be grappling as parents and grandparents, I'm gunna be honest here,

I was underwhelmed.


Perhaps it was because I was so immersed in the trail and the events surrounding it that not much of the information they revealed was new to me, perhaps it was because I have never found the couple as suspicious as many and wasn't trying to catch them in some kind of slip-up, or maybe it was just kind of an interview with some pivotal points surrounded by a large layer of fluff.

From a psychological standpoint (not that I am a professional by any stretch of the imagination), it seems that Cindy Anthony has some deep-rooted denial that was, at times, disturbing to watch.  Other than those moments though (and the very sad stretch where they spoke of George's depression), I just kept finding myself uninterested.  (Being real: I fell asleep during part of the 3rd installment).

Did you watch this interview special - what did you think?

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I didn't get to watch, but a lot of what I heard about it was the same things you said. Cindy seens to not want to let herself belive that Casey had anything to do with it. Sad.

Thanks for linking up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...